The Wyeth Frame Contest is the forth in a series of contests for California Plein Air members. The contest is designed to promote artists participation in sharing your work with other artists. Not only will you be able to post your work on CAPAP, you'll be able to vote on whose work you think is the best! The artist with the most tallied votes will win a beautiful 12x16", Wyeth Dark Espresso with red underpainting and muted gold rounded lip Plein Air Frame complements of ArtFrames.com. Previous contests winners are posted on the Featured Artist page.
The rules have slightly changed, please read thoroughly before submitting your work. The contest starts April 20th and runs through June 10th. All members (who live within the continental United States, sorry Alaska and Hawaii), are eligible to apply. The winner will be announced June 5th, 2013 and will receive a prize the beautiful Wyeth frame. Second and third place winners will be featured on CAPAP website for one month. Please read the rules below to submit your entry.
- If you are already a member please proceed to the next bullet. If you are new to the site, please sign up choosing one of these options:
- Create a new account by clicking on Sign Up Link
- Or Sign up using your yahoo or google email account
- Or Sign up with your facebook user name and password
- The theme for the contest is Sea and Ocean. It can be a plein air painting or a painting done in studio, completed between 2012 and 2013. The main subject of your painting has to be water and take up at least 50% of the canvas. You may submit up to 3 paintings, the deadline to submit is May 20th, 2013, no paintings will be considered after this deadline. Follow these simple steps to submit your work:
- Please make sure the image is good quality and cropped not to show any background.
- To upload your work go to Art Gallery tab > click on the +Add button and upload the images from your computer. Note - do not attempt to upload your paintings directly to the Album, it will not work. I will move them manually.
- Before you complete the upload, please fill out the following fields:
- Title (example: Crushing Waves)
- Description (example: 8x10, oil)
- Tags. Important, copy and paste this text in to the Tags field: Wyeth Frame. It is important not to forget to tag your painting(s) and to use the name specified, otherwise when the images go through the tag filter, those without the tag or with an incorrect tag will not show up, therefore won't be included. A screen shot below is an example that displays correctly filled out fields.
Don't forget to Save and you are done!
- Note, if you missed these steps or have a painting you want to submit already uploaded on the site, you can always add/edit the required info by going to Art Gallery > My Photos, select the painting you want to edit and in the Option drop down menu choose Edit Details. Follow the steps above to include the name, description and tags for your image.
- Voting starts May 20th and continues through May 31st. You may vote on your favorite painting (you can vote on more than one) by going to the Art Gallery and then clicking on the All Albums link and selecting the Wyeth Frame Contest 2013 album. Click on the thumbnail image you like to open at a larger view and hit the Like button right below the image on the left.
- You can not vote on your own painting(s).
- The painting that get's most "Likes" will be the winner and the announcement will go out on June 5th, 2013.
- ArtFrames will ship the frame directly to the winner by June 20th at no charge.