There are no active calls at this time.
2017 CPAP SPRING ONLINE EXHIBIT AND SHOWCASE
SPONSORING ORGANIZATION: California Plein Air Painters
EXHIBITION DATES: April 15, 2017 – June 30, 2017
LOCATION: This is an Online Exhibit and will be published on the OnlineJuriedShows website and the CPAP website.
QUALIFICATIONS: This event is open to all plein air artists over 18 residing in the United States. You must be an Associate Member of CPAP to receive an award. If you are not already a Member you may finish submitting your artwork first and then enroll as a Member on or before the contest deadline.
SUBJECT: We are looking for plein air artwork depicting landscapes, seascapes and urbanscapes. Subject matter should convey an image of Winter or Spring in California. Figures-in-the-landscape are allowed providing the landscape dominates the subject matter.
DEADLINE: Entries must be received no later than midnight, March 31, 2017
MEDIUM: Only original paintings in oil, watercolor, dry pastel or acrylic will be accepted.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit artwork through Online Juried Shows. You may submit any number of entries.
JUROR: Our Juror of Awards is Ned Mueller. Ned Mueller is a CPAP Painting Ambassador and is also a nationally known and recognized Master. You can view his information http://nedmueller.com/about
NOTIFICATIONS: Notifications will be sent to artists via email on or before April 15, 2017.
ENTRY FEE: Please pay by credit card or PayPal through Online Juried Shows. The entry fee is $20 for the first three images. Each additional image is $10. You may submit any number of images. Entry fees are non-refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline. Acceptance is not guaranteed.
AWARDS: Cash and prizes will be awarded to the successful competitors.
• First Place $200 Cash Award
• Second Place $100 Cash Award
• Third Place $75 Cash Award
• Awards of Merit (5) Free subscription to Art of the West Magazine
• Honorable Mention Awards (10) - Promotion on our website and publications.
1. The Spring Online Exhibit is open to Associate Members of CPAP only. To become a CPAP member, apply at www.calpleinair.com/ Membership is free and open to all persons 18 years or over residing in the United States, Canada or Mexico.
2. New members must apply for membership by the posted deadline, or wait until the next on-line show.
3. We accept representational oil paintings of original concept and design only. Paintings created in an instructional setting, including, but not limited to workshops and art classes are not considered original artwork.
4. Paintings entered must have been painted in the last 3 years and must depict a California location.
5. Artist may enter as many artworks as they would like. Each artist is only allowed to win one award.
6. Artists may NOT enter paintings that have won awards or have been Finalists in other CPAP competitions.
7. Artists may enter paintings that have been sold.
8. A painting can be submitted into multiple contests until it receives an award.
9. Entry fee of $20 includes up to 3 images; additional images may be added for an additional $10 each.
10. All entries will be displayed.
11. Artwork must not exceed 24” on any side.
12. Your painting must be your own original concept and not a copy of anyone else’s copyrighted material (If your image infringes upon another’s copyright it will be disqualified)
13. Make sure your painting is signed and that the signature is visible in the image upload
14. Online Showcase Exhibits require no shipping.
15. Artwork may be submitted until midnight, Pacific Time on the last day of the submission deadline.
16. All submissions must be made through Online Juried Shows. Email submissions and/or physical submissions will not be accepted.
17. The Juror of Awards will be a Signature Member or Painting Ambassador of CPAP. The decision of the Juror will be final.
18. By entering this art competition, you are granting CPAP a limited, non-exclusive license to reproduce images of your artwork for purposes of promoting CPAP and its events for 15 months. Your images will not be sold or otherwise utilized without the express written permission of the Artist.
19. Awards will be sent to winners after the conclusion of the show. By entering the competition, artists agree to follow all rules relevant to the competition and show.
ENTERING YOUR IMAGES: Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please email Help@OnlineJuriedShows.com or call 949-287-8645.
Please add Services@OnlineJuriedShows.com and Manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com to your safe senders list to ensure notifications are received.
CALL FOR SIGNATURE MEMBERS 2016:
Submission Dates: September 1, 2016 – October 9, 2016 Midnight, PST (Extended from Sept 30)
About California Plein Air Painters
California Plein Air Painters (CPAP) was created for plein air artists residing in California. The organization charges no mandatory membership dues and encourages its membership base to inter-act with each other across all levels of Membership.
This is a juried competition open to all CPAP Associate Members. Up to 20 new Signature Members will be selected from artists entering the competition. Up to 3 new Signature Member Envoys will be selected from non-resident Associate Members. Accepted artists will demonstrate exceptional abilities in the creation of plein air artwork using the alla prima process. Selected Artists will become Painting Ambassador Members and must complete the Signature Member Prerequisites to become full Signature Members.
Signature Membership Benefits
This is an online event conducted on the CPAP website.
Entrants grant a limited license to CPAP for purposes of promoting CPAP and its related activities including but not limited to calendars, catalogues and online promotions. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary stated above, CPAP will not sell, publish or otherwise sell copies of any submitted artwork for any other purpose except as granted specifically by an instrument in writing between the artist and CPAP.
Artist represents that no copyright, trademark or other similar infringements have been violated and that Artist acknowledges and agrees that Artist has read, understands and agrees to be bound and abide by CPAP’s Rules and Regulations.
Participants must be plein air painters and be Members of California Plein Air Painters.
Paintings must be original works of art created within the last year and must have been 85% completed on location with only minor touch ups added in the studio. Art must be representational, two dimensional paintings depicting landscapes, seascapes or urbanscapes. No drawings, sketches or pen-and-ink renderings will be accepted.
Notification: Selections will be posted on the CPAP website on or before October 31, 2016.
Submission of Artwork and Digital Specifications:
EXHIBITION TITLE: 2016 International Plein Air Challenge
SPONSORING ORGANIZATIONS: California Plein Air Painters in cooperation with the Art Renewal Center’s 2017 ARC International Salon
EXHIBITION DATES: Sept 16, 2016 – Nov 15, 2016. The exhibit is also part of the Monterey County Open Studios Tour.
LOCATION: Monterey Bay Artisans Gallery, American Tin Cannery, 125 Ocean View Boulevard, Pacific Grove, CA 93950. The gallery is conveniently located across the street from the Monterey Bay Aquarium overlooking Monterey Bay.
ARTIST RECEPTION: September 24, 2016 on the Cannery Row in Monterey, California. Further details will be provided upon acceptance.
QUALIFICATIONS: This event is open to all plein air artists over 18 residing anywhere in the world.
SUBJECT: We are looking for plein air artwork representing landscapes seascapes and urbanscapes. Figures-in-the-landscape are allowed providing the landscape dominates the subject matter.
DEADLINE: Extended Deadlin, Tuesday, August 9, 2016, 11:59 pm
MEDIUM: Only original paintings in oil, watercolor, dry pastel or acrylic will be accepted.
COMMISSION: 70% Artist; 22.5% Gallery; 7.5% California Plein Air Painters (All artwork MUST be for sale.)
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit artwork to Online Juried Shows. You may submit an unlimited number of paintings. Click here to apply.
JURORS: The Jury Panel for the 2016 International Plein Air Challenge consists of 5 Signature Members of California Plein Air Painters. Learn more about the jurors by clicking HERE.
NOTIFICATIONS: Notifications will be sent to artists via email on or before August 31st.
ARTWORK DROP-OFF: Friday, September 9 - Wednesday September 14, 2016; 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the Gallery.
***If artists cannot drop-off accepted artwork in person during the designated date and time, artwork must be shipped. ***
SHIPPING INFORMATION: Out-of-town shipments MUST arrive by September 14, 2016. Artists will be responsible for the cost of crating, handling, and shipping artwork to and from the exhibition. Further shipping information will be provided upon acceptance
ENTRY FEE: Please pay by credit card through Online Juried Shows. The first image you submit is $35, and each additional image is $15.
AWARDS: Cash and prizes totaling over $5,000 will be awarded to the successful competitors.
The list of awards is only partial and we will continue to add to it throughout the contest. You can view an updated list of awards and prizes by clicking HERE..
ARTWORK PICK-UP: November 16-18, 2016; 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Monterey Bay Artisans Gallery
***If artists cannot pick up accepted artwork in person during the designated dates and time, artwork must be shipped. ***
DETAILS: For questions or further information, contact California Plein Air Painters by email: firstname.lastname@example.org